|February 2012 Sales Figures - Pan India|
1) Maruti repeats its success – crosses 1 Lakh figure AGAIN! Alto tops again with >32k nos. Sign of sustenance for the Auto Industry.
· 2) Nissan’s Caaaar amazes all with its “Sunny” side – Does 3130 nos.
· 3) Pulse doesn’t affect Micra. Micra does all time high of 2198 nos.
· 4) Mahindra fulfill its promise of increasing its production of XUV 500. Was successful in supplying 2729 XUV’s to its dealers.
· 5) One can see the ‘refresh’ in Xylo numbers. Its numbers increase by 50% (2796) over Jan’12 figures.
· Innova still remains the people’s choice. With 6271 numbers, one wonders what Toyota would’ve done without Innova!
· 6) Eon crosses 10k for the first time since inception. Did someone tell, it was the end of petrol era?
· 7) Swift carries its name in its performance as well. The numbers have swiftly climbed and even crossed 20k. With better supplies we expect Maruti to sustain the volumes as well.
· 8) 'Dzire Again’ – emerges 3rd bestselling vehicle.
9) Honda bounces back with its 'exceptional' City and announces its arrival (after the Japan Quake & Thai flood) by churning 6052 numbers.
10) Skoda has 'RAPID'ly overtaken its cousin Vento's numbers with 2204 nos (Vento - 2174 nos).
A list of the top 20 brands of the month -